Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Never promised easy

I think about a million times as I was growing up I though how "unfair life was" or how "not easy" things were for me. I think it has been in the last 5 year of ministry that I have "grown up" in my thinking and know that God NEVER promised easy, He promised He'd be there for me. I am excited for all the Lord has for me and my family. I know that He has a reason for all that happens to me. This last move from Nebraska to Calafornia has shown that. I know that I am an emotional creature and that women tend to be in general...I think there is always a part of us wanting things to be easy, and getting upset when it is not. Yet, I need to remember that I need to take that moment, talk to God and then do, say, post, text, blog or whatever else that HE would have me do/say. I want to teach my childern that God is always faithful and will never let us down. I want them to learn their place. My 5 year old has been so use to being with the older kids, that she sometimes forgets she is 5. I need for her to know that 5 year olds have a certian role to fulfill in life. My teens are not adults and until they are 18 or out of highschool they are still teenagers training to be adults. I have seen so many push there children into growing up beyound what the child understands and then gets upset if the child is not excepted into the older peer group. Let them be kids or teens...the growing up to adulthood comes all to fast. God never promised easy, this I must remind myself--but oh the blessing I get by learning in the moments I want "life to be fair" to lean and trust solely on my Lord and Saviour.




"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,
sun without rain.
But He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears,
and light for the way."