Thursday, November 12, 2009

Changing of the times


Do you ever see things that were in and popular when we were kids? My heart is troubled by the fact that A LOT of things we did or wore as kids--the devil has corrupted. I think by the time Elisabeth gets older, she will not be able to do anything, that at one time was innocent. I am one of those crazy parents that researches EVERYTHING. I really should stop, but my curiosity always seems to win. More times then not the things I look up are fine, but every once in a while I find something that was once innocent has been used for sin and ugliness.
I am thinking of the jellie bracelets. We use to wear them non stop and trade with our girlfriends. Now the world has gotten in there and no young Christian lady should wear them--they are no longer innocent in meaning. Very sad.
I am only 37, so I am sure some of you have seen it longer than I have.

I see the day of the Lord's coming back, getting closer and closer. Are you ready? I pray so.

1 comment:

liz said...

Funny that you mention those. I was talking to somebody about that not too long ago. I said how strange it was for something like that to become fashionable again, and then they told me what they represent. Awful!! Ugh!