Saturday, March 7, 2009

Where do the years go?

I thought when my oldest turned 13, it was such a milestone. Now he will be 15 and my youngest son will be 13. My daughter will be 4 and it feels like they were all just born yesterday. It just seemed like I blinked and they were all grown up!

I know that is what eternity will be like. I also know that if we equate "mom time" to "God time" we will understand that the Lord is coming back soon. Are we ready? Do you know without a shadow of a doubt--when that trumpet sounds, you will meet Him in the air? John 3:16 is one of the simplest verses, with the greatest truth. My friend you can not add anything to salvation. Jesus paid it all!! You will never be good enough or strong enough to get into Heaven by your own abilities or goodness. Nor will you be bad enough to be rejected by Christ but you must choose His Way. Christ died once on the cross and that is all it took.

There is no need for an extra book to add to the Bible, no need for any Bible version to explain it more simply than the King James Bible. When we dummy down the word of God--aren't we calling God a liar. Almost like saying, "sorry God, you must not have known how hard reading the Bible was going to be--so we 'fixed' it for you."

I only want this to be the focus for today--if you were standing before the Lord (one day we all will) and He opened the Book of Life, will your name be in it? If not make sure today--for this moment is all we are promised. The Lord is returning, are you ready? Don't let it be you realizing one day, "wasn't it just yesterday, I had the chance to except Him and I refused?"

2 Cor 6:2 - "...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

3 comments:

liz said...

Great post my friend. My uncle died today and is now in Hell because he spent his whole life living in rebellion to God. So sad...

Pam--in Estonia said...

Congrats on winning Liz's giveaway!!

Tori said...

Wonderful post! It's true timing is flying by and folks are dropping into Hell but the thousands. How sad, maybe it'll help us tell more.