Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not everything I WANT but everything I NEED

As many of you may know I don't have a kitchen..per se. When we moved in the old renters were just awful about cleaning up and this was evident in the kitchen with the amount of gunk and grease on the kitchen cupboards. I had hoped to be able to have a refacing and/or remodelling of the kitchen, but we nor the church has the money for that, so I am going to scrub and repaint. It is suppose to cool down by Friday, so I will get the cupboards all washed, sanded, primed (thank God for Kilz the heavy duty primer that covers all!) and ready to paint.

I think I am going to go with a chef theme. I have this really cute Yankee Candle tart burner and I have found things to match it. I know that repainting will save money and make it look better, yet it will not give me added counter space or storage. I just keep reminding myself that even with it's lack of things I would LIKE, it does have everything I NEED.

The Lord is great in that way and daily I am thankful for His love and guidence.

5 comments:

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Kimberly, I admire your attitude! I'm not sure mine would be like yours in such a situation.
If you can, take some before pictures so we can see the before/after shots! It sounds like it's going to be really nice when you're done :)

Jenny P. said...

Oh Kim this is wonderful and I know you will do an amazing job. God will bless you for being thrifty and content with what you have, a lesson I am still learning.
Love you my dear and I too would love to see pics.

Kimberly said...

Pam, you can see many before/after pictures of the whole remodelling process at the parsonage on our family website (www.coonfamily.us). Martin designed and maintains this website and we invite you to visit there often for more news and pictures.

The pictures can be found either on the 'News' or 'Gallery' pages.

Pam--in Jerusalem said...

Well, how did I manage to not know about your family website? You probably mentioned it and it didn't register with me or something!
Okay, I've seen the before shots of the kitchen... now I'm extra excited to see the afters! You have a lot of work cut out for you; but I'm sure it will look fabulous when you're done. The rest of the house looks really great!

liz said...

Can't wait to see it when it's all done. I really like the decor you chose too. Very cute!