Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am determined


Frazzled, exhausted, burned-out, defeated, angry, frustrated and discouraged are all words that would describe who I allowed myself to became during our ministry in the church we served in Massachusetts. I am currently doing a Bible study covering these very issues and even though I know how wonderful the Lord is,sometimes I need to be reminded. I realized that the people I allowed to affect my life in this way, were and are telling lies. They are lying to others in such a way that they are being believed, but that belief comes from within themselves not from the truth; they are believing the lies enough in their mind that they take it on as 'truth'. I use to get so angry because I felt God was not paying attention but in my reading today, I was reminded He already knew...2 Corinthians 11:13-15, "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel;for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." So as many of you may know but we often forget yes, even a Christian college graduate, a pastor's daughter or son, the church secretary, the pastor, pastor's wife or a lay person can be used to cause all kinds of heartache and pain. I am determined to remind myself of...Matthew 11:28-30, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." The Lord has made my heart so light and happy today! I know that if I choose to believe the devil's lies or allow others lies to effect my walk, I am not relying on the One true Saviour (who holds me in His hand...a place I can never be snatched from!) and I'm not being effective in the ministry for Him. I'm working toward forgiving those who would lie and make it easy for the devil to use them to harm the Lord's work, but for now I am so excited to be getting back to my close walk with the Lord! I'm convictingly reminded that He never leaves, we just tend to wander from Him, when we should not. DEar friend, if you are going through a time where you are feeling down or discouraged, may I encourage you to get back into you daily walk and talk with the Lord. HE IS SO GOOD!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

God is so good, and always lifts us up...He exposes liars and workers of iniquity...don't you just love that? I don't ever have to worry or keep track of whose sayin' this or thinks that...the Lord knows :)

Kimberly said...

Ladies, I so appreciate all the emails and concerns that this post has caused. The point of it all was not to place blame or point fingers but to show that the Lord works in our lives through strife and frustration as much as with love and kindness. I know we all wish that lessons were all fluffy clouds and cute puppies but they are not. I would hope and pray that all would take this post for what it is, a praise to God for all the life lessons He teaches, even with all the heartache that may come with each lesson.